- Can't get the numlock snippet to get executed upon bootup.
- Skype can't get video, be it with original 18.104.22.168 kernel or the brand new 22.214.171.124.
- Borked file in rc.d makes the init sequence interrupt?
- Can't switch computer down from init:4 (default slack multi/graphic user level)
Tick & Unticked boxes
The Upgrade to KDE4.2 Readme
Slack won't remember the Keyboard settings it asked you twice in the install process;
you have to know your keyb ID to insert it manually in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
Mine is be and so the relevant part of my xorg conf now looks like this:
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Keyboard0" Driver "kbd" Option "XkbModel" "pc105" Option "XkbLayout" "be" EndSection
Three-Button standard mouse with mousewheel must be enabled this way:
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Mouse0" Driver "mouse" Option "Protocol" "auto" Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice" Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no" Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" EndSection
Actually, I am porting again and again my same xorg.conf from previous installs; I copy them over after I finish installing the NVidia drivers. The full files, which applies to:
- A single flat screen of 1440x900
- A classic mousewheel three buttons mouse
- A Belgian keyboard
- A NVidia 8/9 series accelerated graphic card
Is to be found here for reference.