* What do you want to accomplish with your website?
Build _the_ resource center for Open Source in Cambodia.
(...Huge tires screeching noise...)
- wait, stop that: it's stupid, it's only me and I know nothing much can emerge from the present situation.
Do we just need to build another fucking open-fucking-source fucking community? Bound to fail like khmerfoss or pplug.net?
* What is the nature and quantity of content you wish to present?
Bottom line: keep an actual list of available software (Yeah, I know it's all on the http://www.tropicalicecube.net already, I do, it's totally stupid.)
Wildest dreams: Someone else starts to fill content.
Reasonable opportunity: I follow the news and update with whatever local stuff I can find. (yes, it is already in the Newsletter, no need to push that button either).
This whole part would be actual cool, really.
* Who is your audience, and how do you want to interact with them?
That is to be assessed - issue is to have gather an active, reactive audience that do stuff, not just complain about stuff.
* What types of budgets or timetables are you working within?
Money: Zero. Time: Half-Time, just me. But I love 'tropical ice cube'http://www.tropicalicecube.net, it's my baby and I won't kill it for them.
Up... to you guys, I am curious. This was obviously rather not nice just to check if people _do_ make the effort to at least check on sent links on the 'We are a Great Community help us help Each Other' tune.
The author of this pile of... WTF anyway, is Jean-Philippe Monteiro, the guy behind http://www.tropicalicecube.net, and I am assuming it. Write to jph //with// tropicalicecube.net with your own complaints - I know you are good at that. Or call 012 561 005 :)
By order of "If you can't do it, no need to go to the next step":
- Find way to class by alphabetical order inside but on order of posting on front page
- Find way to build "DISTROTHèque" + "Linux" + "NameOfDistro" (that makes one subcategory too much...)
--Maybe the Menu "DISTROthèque" should be a page with links to "Linux/Ubunu Linux/Slackware" & such--
- Re-categorize with all 10 most famous linuxes as sections + section "other"
- Re-Post every fucking item on the DISTROthèque as separate articles so they show up in alphabetical order.
Aaargh. Al this to get a site 10 times slower, that you can't update with a simple text editor anymore. Have you seen the time it takes when it (tries to) work? From "Save" to "New" it's anything up to 30 seconds - that is the total time it takes me to commit changes to ALL 5 pages of http://tic.zenerves.net with the latest news for the whole week.
Original Cube: http://tic.zenerves.net
Joomlastic Cube: http://tropicalicecube.zenerves.net
You are weclome to participate in Joomlastic:
Back to Tropical Ice Cube web page
Back to Linux
Back to Tropical Ice Cube