A full Gentoo install is 20G. I have 10...
Let's do it.
- Nice graphics. That you have plenty of time to admire: it's really slow to boot.
- Installer greets with cheap music... Happily, the music player stops soon after (crashes?)
- Installer crashes, inactive cursor top of lack screen? No other console available.
Let's get myself a drink, give it a chance while I run upstairs... F**ck.
- Can't find proper video mode, reboots in console mode (at least Ican follow...)
- Select keymap
- Music Fails with amixer complaining... Then starts anyway. Urgh.
- Switching to X11 with openGL...
- Goes KDE!!!!!
AAAaargh... Life is a bitch and then you die. Forget a live KDE with 1G of Ram.
Can't do anyhting with KDE. one more time... 64bits kernel still in limbo with console fonts.
Hilarious: boot in Live mode, there'sn't a thing to install Gentoo. Notice that e16 is on board.
WICD can't work with my WPA-protected wireless.
reading this: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml
Fuck it, I drop the ball.